Supplying a range of specified concrete for slabs, foundations and driveways for McDonald Jones Homes across the region.
A variety of methods are used to achieve what is referred to as decorative concrete. By adding colour or select aggregates to the concrete mix, or by a specialised application and finishing process, or both, a unique decorative concrete finish can be achieved.
Common decorative concrete finishes include:
- Coloured Concrete: by adding coloured oxide to the concrete mix
- Exposed Aggregate: achieved by washing off the very top layer of concrete leaving the aggregate exposed
- Polished Concrete: often used in conjunction with oxides and select aggregates, the concrete is cut and polished after curing
- Stamped Concrete: applying a pattern with moulded mats whilst concrete is still workable
- Stenciled Concrete: using stencilled patterns and coloured oxides, a variety of finishes can be achieved